How To Do Things With Context
Konferencija How To Do Things With Context ima za cilj predstaviti ishode dvogodišnjeg istraživanja u sklopu međunarodnog Erasmus + projekta "Curating in Context" te otvoriti raspravu o problemskim okvirima oko kojih se projekt razvijao.
Projekt ima za ishod prijedlog novog studijskog programa "Izvedba u kontekstu" na Akademiji dramske umjetnosti Sveučilišta u Zagrebu koji bi se provodio u suradnji s organizacijama civilnog društva te silaba kolegija "Curating in Context" koji bi se održavao u suradnji partnerskih institucija i organizacija.
Izlaganja gostiju simpozija pružit će uvid u nove umjetničke i kustoske metode za preispitivanje praksi izvedbenih umjetnosti u odnosu na različite medijske, društveno-političke i ekonomske kontekste. Na simpoziju će sudjelovati te izlagati istaknuti teoretičari izvedbe, dramaturzi, znanstvenici i umjetnici: Silke Bake, Sillvia Bottiroli, Bojana Cvejić, Slavčo Dimitrov, Ivana Ivković, Janez Janša, Iva Kovač, Bojana Kunst, Florian Malzacher, Aldo Milohnić, Gisella Muller, Giullia Palladini, Goran Sergej Pristaš, Paz Ponce, Kristine Slettevold, Martin Sonderkamp, Biljana Tanurovska, Ana Vujanović i Jasna Jasna Žmak.
Radni jezik konferencije je engleski.
- 15:00-15:45 POGON - Zagreb Centre for Independent Culture and Youth between past and future // Pogon is located next to Staro Trnje, working class neighbourhood with a rich history of failed urban planning. On the other hand, it represents “Zagreb as it used to be” in the eyes of older citizens. Talking you on a walk around Pogon and nearby streets, we will introduce you to this surprising micro-location which surrounds it, its history and its potential. The walk will be guided by architect Antun Sevšek.
- 16:30-18:00 Participatory governance in Croatia - praxis and potential // This lecture and presentation will take us to the history of founding and development of Pogon - the first institution in Croatia organised on the basis of civil-public partnership between the City of Zagreb and Operation City, a coalition of organizations in the field of independent culture and youth. This marks the beginning of a long story of similar initiatives in Croatia working on development of models of participatory governance in culture, as well as intersectional integration of different social agents such as platform Upgrade and work on the development of Intercultural Social Centre. Mirela Travar, the president of Operation City and Janja Sesar, the director of Pogon will introduce us to these issues.
- 19:00 Giullia Paladini: The materiality of learning: on translation, radical indiscipline and epistemological care // In this lecture I shall propose a reflection on the materiality of teaching and learning, in and around contemporary globalised academia. I shall interrogate the practice of translation, and its intrinsic ethical impossibility, asking what political capacities and processes of subjectivation students and educators can craft to clog the system of epistemological thinking on which white, Western academia is founded, and that seemingly pre-determine the shape of our own contribution to knowledge and artistic production.
- 10:00-12:00 Presentation of the project outputs with Kristine Slettevold, Biljana Tanurovska, Nikolina Pristaš and Una Bauer // Curating in Context project which hosts this conference has been going on for two years. Curating in Context has been co-organized by two NGOs (Tanzfabrik Berlin and Lokomotiva Skopje), and two Higher Education Institutions (Stockholm University of the Arts and Academy of Dramatic Art University of Zagreb). The project aims to create knowledge, rethink curatorial and educational practices and valorisation of art, their socio-political and economic contexts, their relation to activism, social movements and self-organization, and in general impact of the cultural and civic sectors on society. The presentation will introduce you to the ideas, experiences, discussions, outcomes and outline of the future MA program, course and summer school program created and developed within the framework of the project.
- 12:00-14:00 What Institutions should do? with Silvia Bottiroli and Florian Malzacher. Moderated by Silke Bake // Art institutions are capable to quickly reorient themselves towards the nominal integration of new artistic powers and, unconsciously replicating postfordist principles of production, invite artists over for an intervention and production of new collaborations. The institutions are capable of co-opting even the most progressive formats of political thinking, but how do they reflect or refract the changes of the context in which they operate? And what are the horizons of their responsibility?
- 15:00-17:00 Dramaturgy and Post-Yugoslav Context with Bojana Kunst, Ana Vujanović, Janez Janša, Aldo Milohnić, Ivana Ivković and Goran Sergej Pristaš. Moderated by Mila Pavićević // This panel aims to take a closer look at the specificity of the practice of dramaturgy that emerged from the context of former Yugoslavia, as a practice that later on travelled to the contemporary dance scenes of Western Europe. It reflects on its contribution on the articulation of Western contemporary dance and the critical thinking about dance since the 2000s. How did the conditions and the experiences of former Yugoslavia influence the thinking about dance? What has the West learned from the East and vice versa?
- 17:00-19:00 Queer/Curating in Context with Slavčo Dimitrov, Iva Kovač, Marko Gutić Mižimakov. Moderated by Jasna Jasna Žmak // Dealing with the concept of queerating in the field of performing and visual arts in three ex-Yugoslavia countries (Slovenia, North Macedonia, Croatia), this round table will tackle different challenges that both artists and curators working in this field are facing. On the one hand, from the perspective of the mainstream cultural field, queer art practices function as an almost invisible margin of an already marginalised territory, on the other they are faced with constant developments of queer concepts. Having almost none historical precedents, queer curating and art in ex-Yugoslavia have had the chance to define themselves from scratch, creating a completely new language, opening up space for a completely new practice.
Molimo korisnike i posjetitelje da se pridržavaju epidemioloških mjera - dezinficiraju ruke, drže fizički razmak i obvezno nose maske u prostorima Jedinstva i oko njih onda kada fizički razmak nije moguć. Ukoliko imate respiratorne probleme ili povišenu tjelesnu temperaturu, molimo vas za posebnu pažnju prema drugima te da nam se na programu pridružite kada oni prođu! Zdravlje nam je uz umjetnost i kulturu na prvom mjestu, pa vas molimo da pazite na sebe i druge te najljepše zahvaljujemo!